[lbo-talk] Age

Jon Johanning jjohanning at igc.org
Sun Oct 10 07:14:35 PDT 2004

On Oct 9, 2004, at 4:28 PM, Miles Jackson wrote:

> Why does music have to have intricate layers? There's nothing missing
> from a three-chord rock song like Louie Louie or a 12-bar blues song;
> granted, they're not intricate, rhymically layered musical
> compositions,
> but they're not missing something that should be there. (Isn't there
> something beautiful about the repetitive simplicity of a one-chord
> James
> Brown song that goes on for 8 minutes?)

It's all a matter of taste, and de gustibus ... If your taste runs to Louie Louie and James Brown, and you are on Cloud 9 listening to them, bully for you!

Other people have other interests in music. Do you have a problem with that?

Jon Johanning // jjohanning at igc.org __________________________________ When I was a little boy, I had but a little wit, 'Tis a long time ago, and I have no more yet; Nor ever ever shall, until that I die, For the longer I live the more fool am I. -- Wit and Mirth, an Antidote against Melancholy (1684)