[lbo-talk] Derrida dead

jeffrey fisher jfisher at igc.org
Mon Oct 11 08:15:25 PDT 2004

isn't it sine qua non to a good philosophical conversation that we presume all interlocutors are actually trying to figure something out?

well, i guess it's easier to just curtail that off the bat with attacks on people's motives using the most banal forms of pop psychoanalysis. much more insightful than trying to figure out what's going on. thanks.

On Monday, October 11, 2004, at 10:59 AM, Michael Dawson wrote:

> Nada, none, zilch.  That’s the secret to the whole thing.  It provided
> a professional lingo to an interest group not well enough educated to
> acquire a legitimate reason to talk like mandarins.  Greatest hoax in
> social science history, and its main role was to add grease to the
> Cold War rails shuttling stuff like C. Wright Mills out of academia.

<image.tiff>