[lbo-talk] Nader and His Detractors

Nathan Newman nathanne at nathannewman.org
Mon Oct 11 18:23:42 PDT 2004

----- Original Message ----- From: "Yoshie Furuhashi" <furuhashi.1 at osu.edu> -Leftists should be building our own movements and organizations -independent of the Democratic and Republican Parties, so that we will -be prepared to fight on, whoever gets elected.

It's called Americans Coming Together, run by top union and other progressive leaders. That may not be "leftist" enough for you, but the left once believed in working class led organizations -- and fighting for more progressive policies within those organizations -- not just building marginalized grouplets with little practical power or social effect.

-- Nathan Newman