[lbo-talk] run OS X on your Windows machine!

Dwayne Monroe idoru345 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 13 12:56:03 PDT 2004

Doug posted:

Now, for Your PC: Mac OS X By Leander Kahney

A Hawaiian company specializing in streaming video claims to have developed a $50 software emulator that allows a Windows PC to run Apple Computer's Mac OS X.

[...]

http://www.wired.com/news/mac/0,2125,65323,00.html/wn_ascii

=======

A good idea (maybe) and I applaud their reverse engineering acumen but I think I'd rather just run FreeBSD (the kernel of OS X yes?) on the x86 platform and cut out the middleman. Apple's GUI is quite nice but its look and feel can be mostly duplicated by any other late model X windowing system (give or take a few tweaks and copyright infringements here and there).

.d.