[lbo-talk] Golden age of satire?

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Fri Oct 15 09:34:23 PDT 2004

M. Dawson:

> Parker and Stone have said they would be Republicans, if they cared about
> politics. They are mostly just nihilists. Some of their stuff is funny,
> though.

Parker & Stone are quite good at what they do, and I thought the South Park movie was hilarious. Haven't seen "Team America," yet (I love puppets, marionettes, and giant heads, so this would seem a natch for me), but I would think, given the present global situation and America's role in it, that spearing Hollywood libs would be down the list a ways. Sean Penn takes himself too seriously? Whoa man -- can't let that slide! Based on what I've read, it seems Parker & Stone are reflecting the same inside solipsism that they claim to despise.

DP