[lbo-talk] "antidemocratic"

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Wed Oct 20 06:43:11 PDT 2004

Hey Wanzala, your gang posted Sasha Lilley's remarks to this list on a wacko website <http://www.peoplesradio.net/antidemocratic.htm>, with the following intro:

>Here is a posting by one of the anti-democratic staff group, Sasha
>Lilly, that makes clear that they do not want democracy or the
>involvement of those that have supported the station for so many
>years, "gray haired" folks that regularly attend the LSB meetings.
>The community LSB members that consistantly vote with the
>anti-democratic staff members on the LSB and are up for re-election,
>Annie Hallatt, Willie Thompson and Mark Hernandez have not disavowed
>this anti-democratic posting despite its distribution and discussion
>at LSB meetings. Please read this carefully and contrast it with our
>10 points for democracy at KPFA. Ask Annie Hallatt, Willie Thompson
>and/or Mark Hernandez in a public election forum if they disavow
>Sasha's anti-democratic post? Hear their answer and you be the judge.

Aside from misspelling her name, which says something about editorial standards, the "anti-democratic" description is a slur. Sasha supports - and so do I - intelligent programming. Your gang wants to see more lunacy from Mike Ruppert. Insulting the intelligence of listeners is the real anti-democratic position.

Doug