[lbo-talk] "antidemocratic"

Michael Dawson MDawson at pdx.edu
Wed Oct 20 11:55:33 PDT 2004

Well, if the main problems are institutional, then clarifying and talking about them is a big, collective project. If it's really just Cheney or Rumsfeld or D'Amato, then the thinker who cracks through the defenses and reports the trail to the smoking gun becomes an instant Great Intellectual, a solo superstar, a guru for the modern world, worthy of their own personal eponymous website and much, much, much more.

Of course, these clowns can never connect their own dots. Ruppert is a huge case in point. His "proof" is his own accusations, no more.

-----Original Message----- From: lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org [mailto:lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org] On Behalf Of Doug Henwood Sent: Wednesday, October 20, 2004 8:35 AM To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Subject: RE: [lbo-talk] "antidemocratic"

Joseph Wanzala wrote:

>By the way, Michael Ruppert will be on KPFA's Flashpoints today,
>5-6PM, interviewed by Catherine Austin Fitts.

That should be enlightening. That's not an interview - that's a duet, and more in unison than harmony.

The last conversation I had with Dennis Bernstein was being interviewed on his program back when D'Amato was the chair of the Senate Banking Committee. Bernstein wanted me to say that D'Amato was running the world. I kept saying, no, it's a bit more complicated than that. Bernstein would have none of it.

What is it with you people? Why is there always an individual or a clique running the world? Is reality just too messy for you to get handle on it?