[lbo-talk] Re: Class Action: The Million Worker March, October 17

Jon Johanning jjohanning at igc.org
Thu Oct 21 09:20:12 PDT 2004

On Oct 21, 2004, at 10:08 AM, snit snat wrote:

> I never get this one. If you're middle class (bourg), then you're
> incapable of being radical -- a sentiment almost always uttered by a
> middle class bourg -- which is to say, someone from the
> professional/managerial strata.

In this sort of context, "middle class" is simply a derogatory epithet. No denotative meaning whatsoever.

Jon Johanning // jjohanning at igc.org __________________________________ A sympathetic Scot summed it all up very neatly in the remark, 'You should make a point of trying every experience once, excepting incest and folk-dancing.' -- Sir Arnold Bax