[lbo-talk] "antidemocratic"

Joseph Wanzala jwanzala at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 21 09:23:02 PDT 2004

www.peoplesradio.net is a coalition, you take us to task for a mispelling while you make the more substantive error of not researching the actual positions of this group of people before making a judgement about them. There is absolutely no basis for your statement that "Your gang wants to see more lunacy from Mike Ruppert." First of all, the word 'gang' is a slur, and Mike Ruppert is not a lunatic. The fact is, Ruppert's name does not even appear on our website and other than myself, the other people in the peoplesradio coalition are barely familiar with Rupperts work. Indeed, I actually have the same kind of arguments about 9-11 with them as I do with most people on this list. However, they are sophisticated enough to know that we can have different points of views on particular issues but still agree on the most important issue - that there should be democratic governance at Pacifica. One of the main reasons to have democratic governance is to accomodate all the different definitions of 'intelligent programming' rather than only the one imposed by the current nomenklatura at KPFA. When you say insulting the 'intelligence of listeners is the real anti democratic position' I presume you are saying that having the likes of Mike Ruppert on KPFA is an insult to people's intelligence - I say not having anybody on KPFA because you disgree with them is an insult to people's intelligence - i.e. their ability to think for themselves. You are also manipulating the meaning of democracy. Sasha Lilley as well as yourself are on record saying that you do not support democractic governance in Pacifica. But at the same time you try to imply that your self-styled 'intelligent programming" is in itself somehow 'democracy in action' but you do not support the actual participation of listeners in that process.

Joe W.

Doug wrote: Aside from misspelling her name, which says something about editorial standards, the "anti-democratic" description is a slur. Sasha supports - and so do I - intelligent programming. Your gang wants to see more lunacy from Mike Ruppert. Insulting the intelligence of listeners is the real anti-democratic position.

Doug