[lbo-talk] "antidemocratic"

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Thu Oct 21 09:33:48 PDT 2004

Joseph Wanzala wrote:

>Sasha Lilley as well as yourself are on record saying that you do
>not support democractic governance in Pacifica.

"Democratic" is kind of meaningless here. One of the problems at WBAI is that we've lost people who should be listeners - but they don't count in the listener-governance model. A lot of supporters of "democratic" governance have the idea that programming should be by The People, and not programmers with any expertise in either a specialized field (politics, music, whatever) or in broadcasting. Fact is that people who call for democratic governance have an idea of who the listeners should be, and it all becomes a self-defining little circle.

Doug