[lbo-talk] re: november column

Leigh Meyers leighcmeyers at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 21 19:10:02 PDT 2004

In an: ----- Original Message ----- From: Doug Henwood To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org ; undisclosed-recipients: Sent: Thursday, October 21, 2004 3:46 PM Subject: [lbo-talk] re: november column

Doug quotes frank scott:

>A minority of the electorate will have chosen a president who serves
>wealth , empire and israel.

<Doug Henwood wants to know...>

Why the fuck do you people have to say things like this? Israel serves the empire, and it's extremely confused and confusing to argue otherwise. And it can make you look like an anti-Semite. You wouldn't want that would you? ~~~~~~~~~~

It would have us believe the US and others... too numerous to name, aren't calling the shots geopolitcally in the middle east. I'd like to know if it's purposeful on the part of the author, an attempt to assuage the psyche of the reader?

Also: At the current juncture in history I don't know anyone, voting, or not, who doesn't serve "wealth, empire..." in some way. You would have to be dead... and even then, the people that type up your death certificate get paid by the "empire".

[begin signature] "If they can get you to ask the wrong questions,

they don't have to worry about the answers." --Thomas Pynchon, Gravity's Rainbow (Proverbs for Paranoids)

Leigh Meyers leighcmeyers at yahoo.com