[lbo-talk] capitalism out of ideas?

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Fri Oct 22 10:11:18 PDT 2004

Chris:

> What happens when all the markets get filled up?

I do not think any of us will be around long enough to find out. As Keyenes said, in the long run we are all dead.

The point I was trying to make is that revolution is not around the corner, the masses will not rise to smash it all, and capitalism is here to stay - which on the balance is not necessarily a bad thing, given most of the existing alternatives. We can either try to reform by getting rid of its excesses, or join a doomsayers club.

Wojtek