[lbo-talk] JDK runs on FreeBSD!!!

ravi gadfly at exitleft.org
Fri Oct 22 14:12:08 PDT 2004

Jon Johanning wrote:
> On Oct 22, 2004, at 4:33 PM, ravi wrote:
>

>>thanks for the detailed note, btw! now if only we could get all the
>>left-leaning LBO members to adopt open source:
>

> Make it a lot more user-friendly, so you don't have to be a Unix-head,
> and a lot of us would. As a Mac user, I am used to products designed to
> make my life easier, but this open-source stuff is forcing me to study
> Unix (a task my sainted mother, may she rest in peace, never warned me,
> when I was in knee-pants, that I would spend many of my declining years
> grappling with) just to get the ever-lovin' *@&#^$*(& to launch the
> first time.

follow the links i enclosed... i was not recommending unix, but mozilla, the open source web browser. at least as far as i can tell, and my mother concurs, mozilla is more user-friendly than IE. and as for mac users, anyone who can figure out how to use a single-button mouse along with esoteric mac key combinations, should find this learning experience a lot easier ;-).

--ravi