[lbo-talk] Virtually all Dems support Card Check Bill

Gregory Geboski greg at mail.unionwebservices.com
Fri Oct 22 20:50:12 PDT 2004

<< now that union members generally vote republican unless confronted by shrub ... >>

Not true. Last time I heard (about 5 months ago) 48% of white male union members supported Bush (internal AFL-CIO data). This sounds pathetic until one realizes this makes union membership the *only* large-scale class identifier that puts white males anywere on the anti-Bush side. You can drill down to white males at the lowest income levels, and they'll be majority pro-Bush.

This is just white males. Union members who are women and people of color are overwhelmingly pro-Democrat.

---------- Original Message ---------------------------------- From: "R" <rhisiart at charter.net> Reply-To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 17:39:30 -0700