[lbo-talk] JDK runs on FreeBSD!!!

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sat Oct 23 07:41:51 PDT 2004

John Kozak wrote:

>Doug Henwood writes:
> > ravi wrote:
> >
> > >thanks for the detailed note, btw! now if only we could get all the
> > >left-leaning LBO members to adopt open source:
> >
> > Life's too short.
>
>But having to deal with trojans, viruses and crashes is just one of
>life's simple pleasures?

Don't have any, so far. OS X almost never crashes, and if an individual program freezes or quits, everything else is undisturbed. And it's so pretty. If I want to, I can get down to the UNIX level, but why would I want to type command lines full of pipes and switches and parms and all that crap I'm happy to have left way behind?

Doug