[lbo-talk] Virtually all Dems support Card Check Bill

Jon Johanning jjohanning at igc.org
Sun Oct 24 09:52:50 PDT 2004

Would it be possible for someone to put an end to this pointless pissing contest and actually lay out some practical ideas for what to do with the labor movement and the DP in their present states? We all recognize that both need a great deal of improvement -- what should we do about them?

Jon Johanning // jjohanning at igc.org __________________________________________________ It isn’t that we believe in God, or don’t believe in God, or have suspended judgment about God, or consider that the God of theism is an inadequate symbol of our ultimate concern; it is just that we wish we didn’t have to have a view about God. It isn’t that we know that “God” is a cognitively meaningless expression, or that it has its role in a language-game other than fact-stating, or whatever. We just regret the fact that the word is used so much.

— Richard Rorty