[lbo-talk] Chatting with Gorby

Mike Ballard swillsqueal at yahoo.com.au
Sun Oct 24 17:25:56 PDT 2004

From: Peter Lavelle

I am slated to meet Gorbachev on Tuesday afternoon for a short one-on-one for an interview. I have my questions - does the IBO crowd have questions to be asked?

^^^^^

Considering the position of power you had as General Secretary of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union, why didn't you give all power to the soviets insteading of allowing your comrades to fall into the lap of capitalist exploitation?

Do you ever regret the fact that you once led one of the most powerful, productive, educated working classes in the world and you didn't use that opportunity to guide them towards creation of a communist society?

Sincerely, Mike B)

===== omnia mutantur nos et mutamur in illis all things change, and we change with them

http://profiles.yahoo.com/swillsqueal