[lbo-talk] Hunter S. Thompson: Kerry's my man

Joseph Wanzala jwanzala at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 24 16:55:24 PDT 2004

Doug Henwood wrote:

>Joseph Wanzala wrote:
>>but why pay attention to what Hunter Thomspson says ... (snip)

>He wrote some great books.>
>Doug

that's not what I wrote Doug, here's what I wrote:

but why pay attention to what Hunter Thomspson says, after all, he just another 'wacko' conspiracy theorist....no?

transcribed from audio interview at http://abc.net.au/rn/talks/8.30/mediarpt/audio/hunters290802.ram starting around minute 22 or so. (Not perfectly transcribed but mostly there) Note that the audio will not be available after a couple of weeks, so listen now.

Q: what I'd really like to know is your reactions on September 11th .. could I get you to tell that story ... (snip)

.... A: No, the event by itself would not have done that. I've seen planes hit the Empire State Building before, I've been blown totally out of my mind, people have been killed, but it was the way the administration was able to use that event and use it as a springboard for anything they wanted to do. Now that may tell you something. I remember when I was writing that column, you sort of wonder when something like that happens, well, who stands to benefit, You know, it's like murder, you know, who had the opportunity and the motive, you just kinda look at these basic things, and Uh, I don't know if I want to go into this on world-wide radio here, but