[lbo-talk] Chatting with Gorby

Michael Pollak mpollak at panix.com
Sun Oct 24 19:21:36 PDT 2004

On Sun, 24 Oct 2004, Peter Lavelle wrote:

> I am slated to meet Gorbachev on Tuesday afternoon for a short one-on-one
> for an interview. I have my questions - does the IBO crowd have questions
> to be asked?

I would very much like to hear his account of how the Soviet Union broke up -- why it happened, and why he couldn't stop it. And if looking back he can imagine any desirable alternate course that might have stopped it if he'd done things differently -- or whether it was an inevitable crack-up.

Michael