[lbo-talk] The Kremlin consolidates

joanna bujes jbujes at covad.net
Mon Oct 25 00:34:12 PDT 2004

Chris Doss wrote:

>--- uvj at vsnl.com wrote:
>Mr. Putin has been accused of rolling back
>Russia's fledgling democracy and even aiming to set up
>a dictatorship.
>---
>
>How can you roll back something that never existed?
>Russia's experience with democracy lasted from around
>1990 to 1993. Russia's choice is not between democracy
>and dictatorship; it is between centralization and
>disintegration.

Chris: you've lived so far away for so long you no longer understand the lingo. Let me clue you in:

Democracy: "free-market," interest of U.S. capital. Dictatorship: anything opposed to the "free-market" and the interests of U.S. capital

If you will perform this easy substitution, you will realize that everything you read about Russia makes perfect sense.

Kisses,

Joanna