[lbo-talk] Chatting with Gorby

Joel Wendland joelrw at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 25 00:48:08 PDT 2004

>I am slated to meet Gorbachev on Tuesday afternoon for a short one-on-one
>for an interview. I have my questions - does the IBO crowd have questions
>to be asked?

Inside the international communist movement an extremely controversial position Gorby took was the doctrine that human interest supersedes class interests, a particular reference to the question of nuclear annihilation and the use of nuclear weapons as political tools. Many felt Gorbachev's position conceded class struggle, etc. Considering asking how he regards the Bush administration on the question of nuclear proliferation and the development of new nuclear weapons?

Joel Wendland

_________________________________________________________________ Don’t just search. Find. Check out the new MSN Search! http://search.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200636ave/direct/01/