[lbo-talk] Vive Jacques, Le Moor ! Vive la differance !

Eubulides paraconsistent at comcast.net
Wed Oct 27 10:56:51 PDT 2004

----- Original Message ----- From: "Carl Remick" <carlremick at hotmail.com>

>=================
>
>"Language is politics."

It's more accurate to say that language is the *vehicle* of politics. And you're not going to get anywhere politically if you spend your time tinkering around under the hood of that vehicle instead of taking it out on the road.

Well, to extend the metaphor, where does Derrida ever write/say the equivalent of let's keep the vehicle in the garage because we're nowhere near able to get the thing in running condition?

There's nothing in your first sentence that adds anything to my quote.

Ian