[lbo-talk] Re: Derrida Was No Aristotle

Turbulo at aol.com Turbulo at aol.com
Wed Oct 27 17:23:12 PDT 2004

In a message dated 10/27/04 9:50:10 AM Eastern Daylight Time, lbo-talk-request at lbo-talk.org writes:

> A lot of philosophy is explication of the everyday.
> There's nothing terribly "profound" in Aristotle or Wittgenstein.

I don't know a lot about Wittgenstein, but Aristotle was terribly profound indeed. A few examples: "All men by nature desire to know. This is evident in the delight men take in their senses." Humans are political animals; anyone who isn't is either a beast or a god. The specific difference subsumes all genetic differences. Being is "pros hen" equivocity toward form. Got anything comparable from Derrida? -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: <../attachments/20041027/332d1862/attachment.htm>