[lbo-talk] JDK runs on FreeBSD!!

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Thu Oct 28 09:12:22 PDT 2004

Dwayne Monroe wrote:

>Doug:
>
>Who else could emulate it?
>
>================
>
>Anyone, if you expand the definition beyond software creation in
>general and operating systems specifically.
>
>For example, Creative Commons attempts to fashion an alternative
>copyright universe, inspired, I think, by Open Source ideals.

That's ok if writers have day jobs and don't expect to be paid for their writing, and publishers don't have to pay any rent. Even so, that only expands the model slightly. It's not applicable to about 95% of what's produced in a modern economy - not computer hardware, not food, not transportation, not clothing, etc.

Doug