[lbo-talk] Tariq Ali endorses Kerry, denounces Nader

Kevin Robert Dean qualiall at adelphia.net
Sat Oct 30 16:33:48 PDT 2004

============================================================ From: Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com>

Curiously, that branch of the U.S. left is absolutely indifferent to foreign support for Bush's defeat and Kerry's victory. The ineffable Proyect has declared that he doesn't care that most Cubans - not ot mention most other Latin Americans - want to see Kerry win. Solidarity apparently has its limits. ============================================================

A bit of an anecdote, when I was in Cuba last summer, most Cubans I spoke to in private were very hostile towards Bush. One maintenence worker told me that George Bush is a Sonnava Bitch!" and then apologized for swearing, and then yelled at me because I smoke too much (At 50c a pack down there, who wouldn't???)

Of course this was all before we knew who was running, but the sentiment seemed to be they wee begging me to do what I can to not allow Dub to get in office again.