[lbo-talk] Al Qaeda Endorsed Bush in March

Cactus Pat cactuspat1 at istal.com
Sat Oct 30 18:22:45 PDT 2004

Al Qaeda Endorsed Bush in March

Amidst all the discussion of who Al Qaeda wants to win, the media has totally ignored "an al Qaeda declaration following the Madrid bombing and published in full on 17 March in the Arabic-language dailies al-Quds al-Arabi and al-Hayat in the UK... 'A word for the foolish Bush. We are very keen that you do not lose in the forthcoming elections as we know very well that any big attack can bring down your government and this is what we do not want. We cannot get anyone who is more foolish than you, who deals with matters with force instead of wisdom and diplomacy. Your stupidity and religious extremism is what we want as our people will not awaken from their deep sleep except when there is an enemy. Kerry will kill our nation while it sleeps because he and the Democrats have the cunning to embellish blasphemy and present it to the Arab and Muslim nation as civilisation. Because of this we desire you [Bush] to be elected.'"

http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/exeres/EC3AC145-96B2-4858-AE3D-63FDE0B59D69.htm