[lbo-talk] Re: Tariq Ali Endorses Kerry

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sun Oct 31 09:15:32 PST 2004

Thomas Seay wrote:

>--- Brad Mayer wrote
>
>> while Doug and his side
>> of the Left rally to
>> their new-found hero. I couldn't think of a worse
>> recipe for a political
>> debacle.
>
>Come on, why this misrepresetation? I am voting for
>Kerry and certainly not because he is my "new-found
>hero". I doubt, no, I know he is not Doug's new-found
>hero either. I would be the first to admit though,
>that I am making this choice as an act of desperation.
> By my calculation, at the very worst, we will be no
>worse off.

People like Brad can't seem to handle the idea that one can vote for someone who you know sucks, just because he sucks less than the other guy, and because you think that nonsucky politics would do better if the really sucky guy loses. Thus all this stupid caricature of "new-found hero." I loved Tariq's phrase, "rage from outer space." We're seeing lots of that as Ralph sinks under 0.5% in the latest ABC tracking poll.

Funny to hear such an enthusiastic supporter of the 5,000 worker march talk about debacles, too.

Doug