[lbo-talk] on-line banking

Miles Jackson cqmv at pdx.edu
Wed Sep 1 14:08:42 PDT 2004

On Wed, 1 Sep 2004, John Thornton wrote:

> Run away from on-line banking, at least for your primary account for the
> time being. I've lost much money that has simply disappeared into foreign
> accounts and is not recoverable according to both the authorities and the
> banking institution I use.

What a nightmare! I use the on-line services of my local teacher's credit union, and I haven't had any problems like this. Excellent service, no security problems, lower fees than for-profit banks: credit unions are another spitwad in the bloviating face of the "capitalism-always-leads-to-the-most-efficient-allocation-of-resources" crowd.

Miles