[lbo-talk] MoveOn v. Bush

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Thu Sep 2 18:29:48 PDT 2004

Doug Henwood wrote:

> Chuck0 wrote:
>
>> I guess the eventual Kerry defeat in November will kill the DLC and
>> cripple the Democratic Party, giving everybody else a chance to turn
>> on Bush and the Republicans.
>

> But every time they've lost since '72 they've concluded it was because
> they weren't right-wing enough!

They are pretty clueless, aren't they? Kind of put a lie to the nonsense that liberals are smarter than Republicans.

Of course, this election is too close to handicap. For me, it's like the electoral version of the movie "Groundhog Day." Every morning I wake up and realize that the American election is months from being over.

I had a blast in New York City, despite the sore feet, oppressive humidity, riot cops, and foul smells in the subway system. Weirdest incident for me was eating lunch in the Cheyenne Diner across the street from Madison Square Garden. My table of anarchists in the corner, surrounded by a sea of cops, firefighters, and secret service meatheads.

Chuck