[lbo-talk] Re: biz ethics/slavery/groups/constitutional

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 4 04:22:39 PDT 2004

--- joanna bujes <jbujes at covad.net> wrote: Stop, Chris, please. The gypsies are the n-words of Europe...always have been. I grew up across the street from a gypsy camp in the slums of Bucharest. And I grew up filled with bogey man stories about the Gypsies: "If you're not good, the gypsies will steal you and cut off your leg and use you for begging." Nobody had much to say about helping them out though.

--

C'mon Joanna. (I am not feeling very PC today given the very terrible events of the past week here.) I just passed a (presumably Gypsy, she could have been a Tajik) woman and her filthy baby begging on the street. That is not enforced poverty, like the begging old ladies and homeless kids. That is a lifestyle choice. Moreover it is one repeated generation after generation as part of "protecting the tradition." and anybody who tries to rise out of it is ostracized and slapped down. Vile.