[lbo-talk] Time Poll: Huge Bounce For Bush

Guilherme groschke at luminousvoid.net
Sat Sep 4 10:51:59 PDT 2004

On Sat, 4 Sep 2004, Doug Henwood wrote:

> Guilherme wrote:
>
> > Newsweek has one too:
> >
> > http://www.pollingreport.com/wh04gen.htm
> >
> > 52-41. registered voters. includes leaners.
>
> What's Australian emigration policy like?

Was anybody not expecting a Bush lead after the conventions, after a week of unchallenged Bush propaganda? I thought incumbents that are tied are in serious trouble, and those with leads slightly smaller than this one are basically tied? The Dems have to keep it cool. Everyone I know -- though not in the campaign I'm afraid they reflect on the state of affairs -- has been acting like its over. The Dems are going to need much more sangfroid if they want to face the Rovinator. Did people really think that the statistical Kerry lead / tie -- which is trouble for the incumbent -- was just going to last all the way through Nov?

-gr