[lbo-talk] Time Poll: Huge Bounce For Bush

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sat Sep 4 11:00:14 PDT 2004

Guilherme wrote:

>Was anybody not expecting a Bush lead after the conventions, after
>a week of unchallenged Bush propaganda?

Bush gets a big bounce, and Kerry got either a tiny one or a negative one, depending on which poll you read. And the Bush bounce comes against expectations that he wouldn't have much of one - out of a convention that was one of the most dishonest spectacles that American politics has ever produced. The omens aren't good, are they?

If only I could persuade myself that it doesn't matter.

Doug