[lbo-talk] Time Poll: Huge Bounce For Bush

Guilherme groschke at luminousvoid.net
Sat Sep 4 11:12:47 PDT 2004

On Sat, 4 Sep 2004, Doug Henwood wrote:

> Guilherme wrote:
>
> >Was anybody not expecting a Bush lead after the conventions, after
> >a week of unchallenged Bush propaganda?
>
> Bush gets a big bounce, and Kerry got either a tiny one or a negative
> one, depending on which poll you read. And the Bush bounce comes
> against expectations that he wouldn't have much of one - out of a
> convention that was one of the most dishonest spectacles that
> American politics has ever produced. The omens aren't good, are they?
>
> If only I could persuade myself that it doesn't matter.

The omens aren't good. No. By all means things are worse than before. I'm reacting more to what I have heard in the world than to what you said -- and I didn't realise you were motivated by a lack of faith in america rather than just a simple 'kerry's lost it'. Sorry. Around me sometimes it seems that the reaction seems to be one of giving up. That would be the most awful spin that could hit the dems at this time.

-gr