[lbo-talk] happy happy happy all the time!

joanna bujes jbujes at covad.net
Sun Sep 5 11:00:45 PDT 2004

It's disturbing, but it's neither American, nor modern...

We form our "selves" through various forms of identification and cling to those for safety and the illusion of clarity .

As social/human relations become more and more impoverished, the need for identity increases -- maybe in that sense, it's "american" and "modern" --

Apart from that, doing worthwhile/honest work is prized by most people and few would argue that helping people who are sick is not a good thing.

Joanna