[lbo-talk] Testy

Michael Pugliese michael098762001 at earthlink.net
Mon Sep 6 22:22:52 PDT 2004

On Mon, 6 Sep 2004 19:02:27 -0700 (PDT), andie nachgeborenen <andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Do you actually read all this stuff, Michael, or do
> you just channel it? Me, I am living off capital as
> far as my Sovietology goes. Not current on current
> research is puting in mildly. I'm pretty much up to
> date through about 1995. For the rest, vita brevis,
> ars longa. Someday I may reread Deutscher on Trotsky
> and Trotsky on the Revolution, though, those are
> beautifully writen books. jks

Four sources that I've read over the last decade that total say, a thousand pgs. Doesn't seem like alot of work. esp. when the topics are Nazis, neo-fascists and U.S. foreign policy.

Sovietology? Check this out, Michael Cox (ed) - Rethinking the Soviet collapse: Sovietology, the death of communism and the new Russia." Cox has had pieces in Critique, the Hillel Ticktin journal of Left Soviet Studies.

On Michael Cox's Rethinking the Soviet Collapse. Sovietology, the Death of Communism and the New Russia; Paresh Chattopadhyay's The Marxian Concept of Capital and the Soviet Experience and Neil Fernandez's Capitalism and Class Struggle in the USSR. A Marxist Theory

Historical Materialism 5

December 2002, vol. 10, no. 4, pp. 317-362(46)

-- Michael Pugliese