[lbo-talk] An Anti-Labor Day

Dennis Redmond dredmond at efn.org
Tue Sep 7 12:23:33 PDT 2004

> Why the hell aren't you out fighting Republicans with every breath?

I do. Unfortunately, many of them are Democrats.

> You want labor law reform? Elect 60 Democrats to the Senate.

The experiment was tried in 1992-1994. The Dems controlled the House, Senate, Presidency. The great achievement of those years: NAFTA (ugh) and a rollback of tax breaks for the rich (a good thing).

Don't get me wrong - I'm voting for Kerry, and if there's no independent alternative, I'll vote for the less atrocious life-form in whatever elections are happening. But Northamerica's Chavez just hasn't showed up yet.

-- DRR