[lbo-talk] Cheney: If Kerry wins, terrorists will probably attack

B. docile_body at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 7 21:02:16 PDT 2004

Veep: Take cover if Kerry wins By Andrew Miga Wednesday, September 8, 2004

WASHINGTON - Vice President Dick Cheney yesterday warned America would face another major terrorist attack if it elects Sen. John Kerry [related, bio] as president - a charge the Kerry camp quickly branded as ``un-American'' GOP fearmongering.

The vice president, opening up a blistering new line of attack against the Democratic ticket, told an Iowa crowd the United States would likely be struck by terrorists if Kerry prevails over President Bush [related, bio] in the fall race.

``It's absolutely essential that eight weeks from today, on Nov. 2, we make the right choice, because if we make the wrong choice then the danger is that we'll get hit again and we'll be hit in a way that will be devastating from the standpoint of the United States,'' Cheney declared at a Des Moines town-meeting style event.

[...]

http://news.bostonherald.com/election/view.bg?articleid=43243