[lbo-talk] Chechen hostages taken by Russian SF

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 8 10:31:18 PDT 2004

Zakayev. Oh God. When will that fucker learn the meaning of the word "responsibility"? Have any intrepid UK journalist asked him the obvious question, like "why did members of Maskhadov's government have torture chambers under their houses? How did you feel about that Shariah thing? Remember that time you used money earmarked for reconstructing Chechnya to buy guns? Hey, how about that slave market in Grozny. That was craaaaazy! Why didn't you give Basayev and Khattab up when the Kremlin gave you that 'give 'em or there'll be war' ultimatum?" I somehow doubt it.

And this has nothing to do with collective punishment or setting an example or anything. It has to do with having something to use against Maskhadov. I am in fact amazed that he has relatives living in Chechnya. I would have thought they would have been killed in a blood feud by now.