[lbo-talk] New CBS Poll: Bad News For Kerry

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Thu Sep 9 19:53:52 PDT 2004

> I think you are wrong about this too. There just isn't a lot of support
> for Bush. His support is limited to a minority of true believers, which
> is perhaps 30% of the population. He has been losing support among
> conservatives and he isn't picking up support from the general
> population. I also don't see any flag-waving, except among hardcore Bush
> supporters. I don't see it on cars, in yards, or anywhere. Bush doesn't
> have the populist appeal of Reagan, so the question is, How did the
> Democrats go so bad with Kerry?

> Chuck0

He's no Reagan (or Clinton, for that matter), but it appears to my eyes & ears that Bush does enjoy some serious support for his wars (and I see flag waving on his behalf everyday -- indeed, in many of the offices my cleaners work in, there are several framed photos of W & Laura with captions urging said person to re-elect him). Some of that is waning, I'll grant you, but there are still enough people who think he's Warrior Prez. But maybe you're right. We'll see soon enough.

DP