[lbo-talk] suicide bombers on ecstasy?

bryan bryan at indymedia.org.il
Fri Sep 10 08:02:08 PDT 2004

>The thwarted suicide bomber who tried to bomb a Moscow
>cafe last year and changed her mind says she was given
>huge quantities of orange juice to drink over and over
>for 24 hours before the event. The two that detonated
>in front of the National Hotel are said to have acted
>disoriented and asked passersby "where is the Duma
>building?" (The Duma building is a huge structure that
>says DUMA on it in giant letters.)

At least in the Palestine/Israel context, however, I would doubt that the suicide-bombers are tweaked out on extacy...they would look much more suspicious, be more likely to get caught and be less 'effective.' To get to the point that one is on a bus or in a restraunt and about to blow body parts in many a direction, you have to cross the border, go through checkpoints, walk down the street, get on a bus, etc., all without anyone suspecting you...