[lbo-talk] Re New Economist Poll: Bad News For Bush

Nathan Newman nathanne at nathannewman.org
Fri Sep 10 14:18:22 PDT 2004

Nathan Newman wrote:
>Or those older mentor left activists who criticize Kerry as "dull" will
>discourage those younger activists from volunteering.

-Kerry's doing it all by himself. Admit it. Stop blaming others.

Why should I? What would it accomplish in helping oust Bush? The demand to criticize Kerry is a demand to prove ones left credentials at the expense of the immediate tactical goal. As I said, it's this left individualism that refuses to work in concert with the mass mobilization, but prefers to assert its intellectual distance through constant "qualified support" or whatever.

Post mortems accomplish nothing right now.

And BTW I've noted repeatedly that Kerry is not doing so bad in the polls, so why everyone thinks their asserted strategy would be so much more successful in the face of a still very close race is beyond me. Zogby still shows, based on state-by-state polling, that Kerry is ahead.

nathan