[lbo-talk] Re New Economist Poll: Bad News For Bush

joanna bujes jbujes at covad.net
Fri Sep 10 15:58:46 PDT 2004

Oh god, oh god, oh god. We've been having this SAME discussion for how long? A year now, I think.

I'm very tired of this. It is a waste of time: Bush, Kerry, Polls.....rinse/lather/repeat.

Look. The consensus is that Kerry is an opportunistic piece of shit and that Bush is a psychotic piece of shit. And, that Kerry getting elected will make a slight difference to the most disenfranchised/poorest/most oppressed members of our so called society. And maybe make a difference to who it is that gets appointed to the judiciary, oversight committees, cabinet posts, etc.

Fine. I will go and vote. I will vote for Kerry. What I think of him is not even printable. What I think of the Democratic party isn't printable either.

Now. Let's play a different game. Let's talk about what it is that we can concretely do in the next five years

-- to stop the war -- to agitate for social values and for the earth -- to support the arts -- to reshape left discourse -- ??? your idea here ???

Thanks

Joanna