[lbo-talk] Brooks on class treason...

W. Kiernan wkiernan at ij.net
Sat Sep 11 10:26:13 PDT 2004

joanna bujes wrote:

> [Brooks] says that number people support Bush and paragraph

> people support Kerry.

Paul Krugman, who strikes me as a "number person," seems to be personally angry at George W. Bush precisely because Bush has told so many lies based on faked-up numbers and nakedly fraudulent arithmetic. But then Brooks doesn't really call them "number people," the term he uses is "spreadsheet people." I mean, he puts ninety-four percent of professors at that stronghold of the liberal arts MIT on the implicitly innumerate, "paragraph" side of his nonsensical class divide.

Yours WDK - WKiernan at ij.net