[lbo-talk] Arrow (Was Re: law)

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 11 13:22:03 PDT 2004

What I think Rorty means by saying that democracy is prior to philosophy is pretty much what you say, plus what I said before -- that our adherence to democracy is more basic than any argument we might produce for or against it. Even if there was a strong-appearing argument against democracy, or we failed to produce a beter one for it than the usual banalities, or we could not agree on the merits of different arguments we had for it, we would still hold to the view that democracy is the best kind of government. So I don't see that we disagree. jks