[lbo-talk] Re: Going Long Kerry...

Brad Mayer Bradley.Mayer at Sun.COM
Mon Sep 13 00:05:54 PDT 2004

HA! Dream on...Realize that Kerry and the DLC are trying their best to _throw_ the Presidency to Bush. Their key task is to demobilze "their base" (i.e., all the leftleaning types who have deluded themselves into supporting Kerry) and if they get wind of this poll, they'll only work harder at it. As I predicted much earlier on this list, Kerry is the Designated Loser and so far that prediction is on track. The only thing that could save Kerry despite himself so far is if the Iraqi resistence scores some big victories before the election.

How's that for a "conspiracy theory"? On that I have to agree with Charles: ----------

But I have to say that "conspiracy" is becoming the stupidest word in the Left vocabulary. "Conspiracy" from law is an agreement of more than one person, a sort of contract, to do an illegal act.

In terms of how the capitalist bureaucracy works, one of its standard forms of operation includes small groups of people getting together planning and doing stuff. To call these "conspiracies" is a kind of exaggeration. Sometimes they are illegal,sometimes they are not. They are standard operating procedure for the state and its oppressive apparatus for centuries, millenia. To start labelling them conspiracies, and then getting hung up that one who talks about them has a "theory" is starting to look like the greatest corruption of left thought in the last ten years.

This leading form of Left stupefaction is really a refusal to think systematically, as revealingly theorized by leftists like Negri, who on the very first page of "Empire', slyly denounces thinking systematicaly about reality as precisely "a kind of" conspiracy theorizing. Go check it out, it's there. I must confess that I was quite shocked to read this, since this is a positive theorization of a key component of the reality-denying, "emperor worshipping" American Ideology.

One might as well say that Microsoft conspires to make profits. It shouldn't take much to imagine that, on the basis of their political experiance, the leaders of the Democratic Party may know - without having to confer privately about it, though they may also do so - that they don't want a Presidency stuck over the next 4 years with the twin problems of Iraq and the negative US financial situation?

Better to let BushBoy crater and then move in to clean up - they are America's elephant cleanup crew after all - in 2008.

Naturally i hope I am wrong about the election - don't look forward to 4 more years of pathetic leftist whining. Better to bash them for inevitably not taking advantage of "the more favorable situation" under Kerry. That's my other prediction if Kerry wins.

-Brad Mayer

Curtis Gans, the 'dean' of experts on the American Electorate, was on C-SPAN on Friday. He predicted that the turnout for the election in Nov. would be between 58 and 60 %. This would be the highest turnout since '68, and represents a much.higher turnout than in recent elections. If his forecast is correct, Kerry will win by a large margin (all serious analysts concur that a high turnout favors the Dems.)

Btw, is Kerry listed on the NYSE or the NASDAQ ? What's his ticker symbol ?

ira