[lbo-talk] categories

Dwayne Monroe idoru345 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 14 14:55:09 PDT 2004

Doug:

I'm thinking of shaving my head if the bald spot gets much larger...

====

The bald look can be very effective but has to be part of an overall theme of fashionable menace, bubbling just beneath the apparent surface niceness that keeps old ladies, puppies and cheerleaders from fleeing in aroused terror at the sight of you.

There's the classic, early twentieth century version of the bald bad ass:

<http://biografieonline.it/img/bio/Lenin.jpg >

Very smoothly done for its time but a bit long in the tooth.

And there's my choice (and the choice of all my bros, or at least, all my bros who're bald and getting laid) very similar to what the lead for Eisbrecher sports:

<http://www.eis-brecher.com/ >

<http://www.eis-brecher.com/en/media/gallery/*/display/press/1/6 >

Imagine your next visit to Moyers' PBS show "Now". There's the smooth dome, the trimmed goat and the too sharp to touch suit (some clear sun glasses would add a nice bit of icing to the cake).

David Brancaccio asks you a question. You lean back and smile a knowing smile that says, "ha ha yeah, I know my shit". Meanwhile, out there in TV land, millions of viewers swoon; books fly off shelves. Is a visit to Cannes, just to be seen during the film festival, far behind?

I think not.

.d.