[lbo-talk] How do you spell Bush in Russian? "P-u-t-i-n"

budge budge at el-pleasant.org
Thu Sep 16 06:27:43 PDT 2004

On Thu, 16 Sep 2004 at 3:45am Chris Doss wrote:

> Depends on what you mean by "power grab." If you mean
> something like "focusing power in his own hands out of
> personal vainglory or lust for power," no.

i don't believe you and i wouldn't believe anyone who made this assertion. i do not believe people rise to the top of imperial or formerly imperial powers by lacking a personal lust for power, in fact, quite the oppossite is what i expect.

> If you mean "strengthening Moscow vs. the regions in an
> attempt to consolidate the country," yes.

in a selfless act of patriotism. right.

and george bush is dedicated to living the priciples of Jesus of Nazareth too...

> I don't know, but I would make a bet that this move is
> very popular in the regions. The regions are (usually)
> ruled by Mafia cronies. They are feifdoms.

why bet, why not find out?

-- no Onan

Truth is the most valuable thing we have - so let us economize it.

-- Mark Twain