[lbo-talk] How do you spell Bush in Russian? "P-u-t-i-n"

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 17 04:36:02 PDT 2004

--- budge <budge at el-pleasant.org> wrote:

> and george bush is dedicated to living the priciples
> of
> Jesus of Nazareth too...

Wojtek, you were right... the outside world is just the US writ large...

> > I don't know, but I would make a bet that this
> move is
> > very popular in the regions. The regions are
> (usually)
> > ruled by Mafia cronies. They are feifdoms.
>
> why bet, why not find out?

If you are willing to spring for an opinion-taking jaunt through Russia's 89 regions and 11 time zones, I'm off!

Seriously, the population has some trust for the federal center, and for Putin personally. The regional governments, with some exceptions, do not. "Democracy" is a swearword in Russia, you know.