[lbo-talk] campaigning in a bubble

Jon Johanning jjohanning at igc.org
Thu Sep 16 19:08:24 PDT 2004

On Sep 16, 2004, at 1:00 PM, Doug Henwood wrote:

> [our leaders live in bubbles!]
>
> Bush hasn't taken a question from campaign journos in weeks
> <http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A24541-2004Sep15.html>
>
> Washington Post John Kerry isn't any better. He hasn't held a formal
> news conference or even answered questions from smaller groups of
> reporters -- an "avail" in campaign-speak -- in more than a month,
> writes Paul Farhi. "The two vice presidential candidates are not much
> different from their bosses," he reports.

All four of them have a heck of a lot to keep hidden, and they are aware that even "mainstream" reporters are getting feistier and feistier these days.

Well, at least we have Kitty Kelly! <g>

Jon Johanning // jjohanning at igc.org __________________________________ A gentleman haranguing on the perfection of our law, and that it was equally open to the poor and the rich, was answered by another, 'So is the London Tavern.' -- "Tom Paine's Jests..." (1794); also attr. to John Horne Tooke (1736-1812) by Hazlitt