[lbo-talk] Don't Think of an Elephant :: Chelsea Green Publishing

joanna bujes jbujes at covad.net
Thu Sep 16 19:51:32 PDT 2004

Jon Johanning wrote:

>> I think he's one of the better strategic thinkers around these days.

Yeah, he really is. I knew him in passing at UCB (I was, hmm, dating one of his grad students -- with whom he eventually coauthored a book (More Than Cool Reason).) In addition to being smart and doing good work, George was also a decent, unpretentious, tolerant fellow. His ex wife, Robin Lakoff, has also done excellent work in the same general area. See

http://www.linguistics.berkeley.edu/lingdept/Current/people/facpages/lakoffr.html

Joanna